Accounting Case Study, UM, Malaysia In October 2020, Smart Co signed an agreement with Clear Inc. to divest the server memory business, including the memory fabrication facility
|University||Universiti Malaya (UM)|
In October 2020, Smart Co signed an agreement with Clear Inc. to divest the server memory business, including the memory fabrication facility and certain related equipment and tangible assets, memory technology, and wafer manufacturing business for cash consideration of $9B. The transaction is to be consummated over two closings at different dates to comply with certain restrictions with M Tech where the IP was co-developed between Smart Co and M Tech under a previous joint venture.
An asset sale will occur upon satisfaction of all applicable closing conditions, including customary regulatory approvals, but no earlier than Q3 2021. Smart Co will transfer the first segment for cash consideration of $7B.
Smart Co will transfer the remaining equity and receive the remaining cash consideration of $2B which is not contingent upon any performance obligation or regulatory approval and the transfer of the Les in 2025 is for a fixed and determinable price. In the event that Clear Inc abandons the second closing, it is subject to a $1b penalty.
In Q3 2021, Smart Co sold to Clear Inc the Fab Assets and transferred certain employees, co-developed IP, and other assets related to the Business to a separately created wholly owned subsidiary of Smart (China Co) except the IP. The equity interest of the Business will transfer to Clear at the second closing. In connection with the first closing, Smart and certain affiliates of Clear also entered into a wafer manufacturing and sale agreement (MSA), pursuant to which Smart will manufacture and sell to Clear the memory wafers to be manufactured using the Fab Assets in China until the second closing.
Smart have concluded based on the terms of the transaction agreements that the subsidiary will be variable interest entities for which Smart are not the primary beneficiary because the governance structure of these entities does not allow us to direct the activities that would most significantly impact their economic performance.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Assignmenthelper.my is the perfect solution for homework help online in Malaysia. Our experienced professionals offer reliable academic assignment assistance in a wide range of subjects at highly competitive rates. If you are looking for quality help with your studies, we are here to provide you with the assistance you need.
Recent Solved Questions
- EER1001: What is Total Connected Load (TCL)?: Electrical Services for Facilities Assignment,TP, Malaysia
- BMM 2543: Fluid Mechanics Assignment, UMP, Malaysia Write a report with references for the application of Fluid Mechanic’s fundamental principles on hydroelectric energy
- BMHR5103: Human Resource Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia Human resource management has a responsibility to ensure that the organization follows Occupational Safety and Health
- MSM606: Strategic Management Essay, AeU, Malaysia Acquire relevant knowledge on factors related to and that had impacts on how business organizations function
- Accounting Assignment, OUM, Malaysia you are required to draw a Standard of Procedure (SOP) of petty cash counter operations
- PBS3233: International Business Assignment, KPTM, Malaysia The economic system in the world refers to the way in which countries organize their economies to allocate
- Managing People and Organisational Behaviour Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia Prior to the Covid-19 pandemic, organizations had already been pressured by fluctuations in oil prices
- FIT3155 Advanced data structures and algorithms Report, MUM, Malaysia Write a program in C++ to demonstrate your ability to apply stack or queue data structures
- Business Research Methods Research Paper, TU, Malaysia Patient satisfaction seems to be one of the most important aspects of the healthcare industry as it positively impacts
- ITNM5063: What is the MAC address of the web server: Cryptography And Internet Security Assignment, TU, Malaysia