CHE471: Chemical process principles I Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia The rate of heat loss from a tank to the surrounding by convection and conduction is expressed
|Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
|CHE471: Chemical process principles I
The rate of heat loss from a tank to the surrounding by convection and conduction is expressed by:
Determine the unit of constant 0.7. If the term q/A is expressed in J/minm2, ΔT inC, and Doin m, determine the new constant value.
Pure ethanol is also known as absolute alcohol. To qualify as “absolute,” the ethanol must contain no more than one per cent water, or in other words, absolute alcohol is liquid alcohol that is at least 99% pure alcohol by weight. Pure ethanol can be produced from industrial alcohol via a process known as azeotropic distillation where a third component is introduced such as benzene.
The industrial alcohol is fed to an intermediate level of a distillation column. Benzene-rich stream is also fed to the column, commonly known as ‘reflux’. The vapour stream leaves the top of the column in a three-component mixture.
consisting of benzene, ethanol, and water while the liquid product leaves the bottom columnas pure ethanol. The overhead vapour product passes through a condenser and is completely condensed to a liquid. However, this liquid is having two separate immiscible phases, which are then separated in a decanter into an upper layer (benzene-rich)where this stream is then mixed with pure benzene as make-up for losses. This mixture is fed to the top of the column, as above mentioned. The lower layer, rich in ethanol and water is sent to another unit for benzene recovery. Table 1 shows the component weight analysis for each stream.
With the aid of a completely-labelled flowchart, for a feed rate to the process of 1200 kg/h, determine the production rate of absolute alcohol (kg/h), percentage recovery of ethanol from the feed as pure alcohol, flow rate (kg/h) of make-up benzene (pure benzene), and flowrates of upper and lower layers in the decanter (kg/h).
There are some electroplating factories around the Klang Valley area, that do not have good facilities for wastewater treatment. Wastewater from the electroplating process contains cyanide and metallic ions like copper, nickel, chromium, lead, zinc, silver, and others which are discharged directly into drains. Department of Environment (DOE) is the regulatory body for wastewater effluent quality through the Environmental Quality Act 1974 and its regulations such as the Environmental Quality (Sewage) Regulations 2009 and Environmental Quality(Industrial Effluent) Regulations 2009. The quality of surface water is determined by the water Quality Index and the suitability of surface water for irrigation is based on the designated classifications in the National Water Quality Standards for Malaysia established by DOE.
A silver (Ag) electroplating plant producing a wastewater stream contains 5 wt% Ag which needs to be treated before disposal. The wastewater is fed to a treatment tour where 95% of fed Ag is recovered, while residual liquid water is sent to a waste pond. The maximum capacity of the treatment tour is 6000 kg wastewater/hr. When the fed wastewater stream is at a rate higher than the capacity of the treatment tour, the excess wastewater bypasses the unit and combines with the residual liquid water from the treatment tour and goes to the waste pond.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Struggling with Assignments? Look no further! Our Assignment Helper Malaysia service is here to assist you every step of the way. Whether it's TMA, individual assignments, or group-based assignments, we cater to Malaysian students from prestigious institutions like Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM). Need help with your CHE471: Chemical Process Principles I assignment? Our experts can handle it all, from analyzing heat loss rates to tackling complex convection and conduction problems. We also offer assistance in Microeconomics assignments. Let us help you master the intricacies of your coursework and achieve your academic goals effortlessly. Focus on your studies while we ensure top-notch assignments. Don't wait, excel with our MBA Assignment Helper Malaysia service today!
Recent Solved Questions
- BM2614: Principle of Marketing Report, MMU, Malaysia Berhad who they are, what they do, where their presence is global, what are the fast-moving goods they manufacture and distribute, to name some
- Biostatics Assignment, SU, Malaysia A company claims that its new manufacturing process results in a mean weight of 60 grams for a certain product
- MCE604: Managerial Economics Assignment, AeU, Malaysia Mr. Rahim is planning to pursue MBA studies. Initial inquiry shows that he will have to pay RM 25,000 as a tuition fee
- STA404: Statistics for Business and Social Sciences Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia A random sample of employees was selected from three different types of stores at the mall and their ages were recorded
- Technopreneurship Capstone 1 Assignment, UTeM, Malaysia To enable technopreneurs to manage their financial matters and to evaluate the performance of their business organizations
- Strategic Management Case Study, UTM, Malaysia Heartsong LLC is a designer and manufacturer of replacement heart valves based in Peoria, Illinois. While a relatively small company
- CSC404: Programming II Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia UiTM Johor will organize an Active Learning Workshop among lecturers from UiTM and other universities in Malaysia
- TCC238: Structured Programming Course Work, WOU, Malaysia C program comprises all codes needed for the compilation and execution of a runnable system
- LAW416: Business Law Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia Lena a housewife, visits Tenggara Bhd, a company that sells various kinds of electrical goods for household purposes
- Financial Analysis Report, SU, Malaysia You need to find the price, the coupon payment, the current yield, the price at +1 bps, and the PVBP