Strategic Business Project Thesis, UWS, Malaysia By the beginning of 2019, the novel Corona Virus known as COVID-19 began to emerge and spread at a rapid pace around
|University of the West of Scotland (UWS)
|Strategic Business Project
By the beginning of 2019, the novel Corona Virus known as COVID-19 began to emerge and spread at a rapid pace around the globe, changing the way of life and daily behaviors for millions of people in order to protect themselves from the risk associated with the pandemic. People were encouraged to keep social distancing and follow procedures (SOP) to minimize further spread of the virus. These new procedures have impacted daily activities such as grocery shopping, meeting friends, eating out, going to the gym, and many other daily routines.
Workplaces of course were not excluded and strict measures for all business sectors including factories as well as offices have been established to control the outbreak. Remote work or better known as the “Work from Home” (WFH) arrangement has become the new norm amongst office workers (Lobell, 2021). Advanced modern technologies, such as cloud systems and virtual meetings supported by camera systems provide a remedy to a communication problem that arises in the scenario when office employees are working remotely.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Not being physically present in the organization means that employees do not have the luxury to chat and see each other in person for important discussions. However, with those advanced technologies being set in place, workers now can easily WFH with little to no compromises in communication with the benefit of being kept safe from the virus. Employees can save the hassle to commute, sleeping a little longer, spending more valuable time with their families, and given the circumstances fall right out of their beds and work in their pajamas if they wish to do so.
However, the blended concept of working remotely while being stationed at home also comes with some downsides and issues. Despite modern technologies, WFH impacts corporate communication negatively, reduces the productivity of employees, increases the stress on the individual employees significantly, and hence reduces overall the productivity of a company.
This research paper aims to identify the issues associated with WFH during the COVID-19 pandemic in an electromechanical engineering environment, especially targeting the operation within Research and Development departments conducting WFH activities within Malaysia. Previous literature relevant to WFH or remote working has been reviewed and key contributing factors to the root cause of productivity decline identified. Based on the key factors Hypotheses are developed and tested accordingly.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
A survey comprising a questionnaire covering various factors related to the Hypotheses influencing employee productivity such as Work/Life Balance, extensive Virtual Meetings, Communication challenges, and Distractions while WFH will be conducted amongst R&D staff to gather data from a sample size large enough to gain statistical relevance.
Moreover, the gathered data and their correlation are statistically evaluated, the hypotheses challenged, and the conclusion to the issue of WFH during the COVID-19 pandemic drawn. This research finishes with a discussion of the findings and proposes practical countermeasures to avoid engineering organizations from a decline in research and development operations and efficiency while employees work remotely.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Searching for a reliable thesis writing service for your strategic business project at the University of the West of Scotland (UWS)? Look no further than Assignment Helper My, your trusted partner for assignment help in Malaysia. Our skilled writers understand the intricacies of thesis writing and will provide you with a well-researched and customized thesis that adheres to your university's guidelines. Don't let the stress of thesis writing hold you back - contact us today for expert assistance.r
Recent Solved Questions
- CT108-3-1 Python Programming (PYP) Assignment, APU, Malaysia Groceries Management System (GMS) Due to busy schedule, most of us prefer online shopping even to buy groceries and household items
- HRM3183: Omega, Inc., is a small manufacturing company whose sales success or failure rests in the hands: Performance Management Case Study, UPTM, Malaysia
- SBFS1103: Thinking Skills And Problem Solving Assignment OUM Malaysia The purpose of the assignment is to expose learners to various problem-solving strategies
- Financial Management Assignment, MMU, Malaysia The Malaysian bond market will remain one of the world’s most advanced project financing markets in the world
- CIS2021-N: Web Apps and Services Assignment, TU, Malaysia You work as a software developer for the fictitious ThreeAmigos Corp and The company wishes to overtake its rival ManshaCo
- Accounting and Business Finance Dissertation, HWU, Malaysia It should be read in conjunction with the material available on CANVAS
- EER1001: Electrical Services for Facilities Assignment, TP, Malaysia What is Total Connected Load (TCL)?
- Contract Law Assignment, OUM, Malaysia The High Court in Sri Kaiang Rock Products Sdn Bhd v Mayban Finance Bhd (19921 1 CU 204 stated at p 206
- BER2013: Algorithm Design And Analysis Assignment, UCSI, Malaysia You are required to produce a comparison study for at least 2 data structure/ algorithm by creating Java console application using modern tools
- Business Research Method Dissertation, MUM, Malaysia What is the impact of Corporate Governance Practices on the Organisational Reputation of SMEs in Malaysia