High Electron Mobility Transistor Research Paper, UM, Malaysia We use the natural zeolite clinoptilolite as the sensitive element in a plasticized PVC membrane
|University||University of Michigan (UM)|
|Subject||High Electron Mobility Transistor|
We use the natural zeolite clinoptilolite as the sensitive element in a plasticized PVC membrane. Separated, a sample pool and a reference pool in a water-gated SnO2 thin-film transistor (SnO2 WGTFT) with such a membrane leads to membrane potential, and thus transistor threshold shift in response to the common drinking water pollutants Pb2þ or Cu2þ in the sample pool. Threshold shift with ion concentration, c, follows a Langmuir–Freundlich (LF) characteristic.
As the LF characteristic shows the steepest slope in the limit c → 0, this opens a window to limits-of-detection (LoDs) far below the ‘action levels’ of the ‘lead-and-copper rule’ for drinking water: Pb2þ: LoD 0.9 nM vs 72 nM action level, Cu2þ: LoD 14 nM vs 20.5 μM action level. LoDs are far lower than for membranes using organic macrocycles as their sensitive elements.
Threshold shifts at the lead and copper action levels are more significant than shifts in response to variations in the concentration of non-toxic co-cations, and we discuss in detail how to moderate interference. The selective response to lead and copper qualifies clinoptilolite-sensitized WGTFTs as a low-footprint sensor technology for monitoring the lead-and-copper rule and confirming the effectiveness of attempts to extract lead and copper from
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Tired of struggling with your homework? Assignmenthelper.my is here to save the day! Our team of specialist tutors are committed to delivering top-notch homework help tailored specifically for you, no matter if it's math, science, English or something else entirely. Accessed from anywhere and easy to use – our online assignment assistance platform provides a convenient way for you receive all the support needed in order to succeed academically.
Recent Solved Questions
- Programming Assignment, APU, Malaysia At the product page clicking on the product will have a add outlet product, inside need to have a form that have a select option
- Nursing Thesis, USM, Malaysia Physical restraint (PR) is the term used to describe limiting a patient’s motions and preventing them from moving around
- CHM420: Chemical Bonding Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia Explain why ethanol, CH₃CH₂OH is more soluble in water compared to chloroethane, CH₃CH₂Cl
- DMT5023: Statistical Analysis Assignment, MSU, Malaysia Develop an SPSS data set based on Table 1 with a minimum of 100 responses
- Computational Method for Mechanical Engineering Assignment, MMU, Malaysia Figure I shows a one-meter bar with a non-insulating side surface. Students are required to identify a suitable non-linear
- Teacher Trainees Thesis, UON, Malaysia Teaching English as A Second Language provides trainee teachers with various language theories
- CSC1212: Data Communications and Networking Assignment, MMU, Malaysia You are interested in starting your own Gaming Store, The New-Gamers, in a suburban area of your town
- Fluid Mechanics Assignment, UPM, Malaysia A water pump is used to pump water at temperature T, with a minimum flow rate of 100 L/min from one large reservoir
- Nursing Assignment, IMC, Malaysia Diabetes mellitus is a growing public health problem affecting people worldwide, with a rapidly elevating prevalence
- Ethics Essay, UTHM, Malaysia Explain in your own words, the role that an Advocate & Solicitor has in the resolution of a dispute