Factors Influencing Perceived Stress and Its Impact Towards Food Consumption Behaviour During The Pandemic Assignment, MSU, Malaysia Coronaviruses are a group of viruses adapted from the family of Coronavidae that has caused a change in the lives
|University||Management & Science University (MSU)|
|Subject||Factors Influencing Perceived Stress and Its Impact Towards Food Consumption Behaviour During The Pandemic|
Coronaviruses are a group of viruses adapted from the family of Coronavidae that has caused a change in the lives of individuals since 2019. The Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) pandemic has deeply affected almost all sectors, especially the economy and health system, in an unprecedented way and has disrupted and impacted the lives and behaviors of individuals globally, varying at different points in a lifespan.
In particular, the challenges that occurred in the lifestyle of individuals such as working from home, homeschooling, and unemployment has influenced the lifestyle and behavior practices of individuals, resulting in a negative impact on their food consumption patterns. This is further explained by Shu Fen et.al., (2021), who defined that the pandemic has been associated with negative attitude changes that involve unhealthy food consumption containing increased high-fat, high-sugar food, fast food, and snacks.
Food consumption is an essential human need that is easily influenced by many factors such as religious influences, socio-demographics, food-related personality traits, exposure or past experience, and motivational factors that are triggered at various times of the day. This includes the availability of the product, the salience of the food, and the size of the portion as well.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
There are several factors that cause changes in food habits such as product features and natural contents, economic issues, identity and sensory appeal, mood, weight control, stress and health, and convenience of fast food access explained by Theodoridou et al. These factors make individuals experience changes in perceptions, attitudes, and behaviors. Poor food consumption resulted in an increased prevalence of stress and hypertension. Change in food consumption patterns is highly influenced by perceived stress. This study focuses on the influence of perceived stress on the food consumption pattern.
Perceived stress is defined as an individual’s ability to interpret life events as overwhelming and uncontrollable (Limcaoco et.al,2020). Manning et.al., (2020) further explained that perceived stress emphasizes the extent to which an individual believes they have control against unexpected or difficult events or emotions arising from situations faced such as illness, isolation, and economic or financial changes.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Stress experienced during the pandemic affects their health or quality of lifestyle problems. These include the use of masks, restrictions, working from home, homeschooling, unemployment, future career anxiety, depression, and job insecurity. These problems lead to the emergence of less healthy habits such as inactive lifestyles and substance abuse such as food addiction (Rolland et.al., 2020).
This is further defenced by Errisuriz et al.,(2016) who explained among a diverse group of students, consumption of unhealthy foods like soda, coffee, energy drinks, and fast food was positively associated with perceived stress. Perceived stress is caused by many factors such as depression, anxiety, job dissatisfaction, psychological problems as well as physiological issues. This study will be focusing on job insecurity, future career anxiety, and depression.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
For students looking for homework help online, Assignmenthelper.my is the ultimate go-to resource. Offering a wide range of services and competitive prices, students can expect quality results at an unbeatable rate. Highly experienced qualified professionals are knowledgeable in countless subject areas and deliver assignments promptly. With Assignment Helper Malaysia, you can get the guidance and help you need to ace your assignments and make it through college with flying colors!
Recent Solved Questions
- Mathematics Assignment, MMU, Malaysia Solve the following pair of simultaneous differential equations
- PGBM156: Strategic Management in an International Context Report, UOS, Malaysia Demonstrate critical understanding and application of relevant strategic management and leadership principles
- Organization Behavior Assignment, APU, Malaysia Ford CEO Alan Mulally is known for starting meetings by saying “Data will set you free” and for trying to change Ford’s culture
- MPU3123/03: Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia Assignment, WOU, Malaysia Anda diminta untuk mengepilkan satu foto yang menonjolkan impak interaksi antara tamadun
- Programming Paradigms Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia Form a group of a maximum of three (3) members and suggest a case study of any possible realistic scenario
- Construction Law Assignment, STU, Malaysia Explain to Fairuz the validity of the agreement and illustrate your answer with relevant cases under the law of contract
- BBCP4103: Career Planning And Development Essay, OUM, Malaysia Career management process can be analysed based on stages. There are several stages through which most of us have gone through or will go through
- MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM Assignment, UITM, Malaysia The IT department is significant in maintaining communications networks for small and large businesses
- Digital Screens Essay, OUM, Malaysia Describe and explain the main features that distinguish digital screen media from earlier types of screen production
- Business Communication Essay, UiTM, Malaysia Formal and informal communication are rather distinct types of modern workplace communication