SBST1303: Elementary Statistics Assignment, OUM, Malaysia Consider the average daily temperature of your residential area, and provide the data for 30 consecutive days
|University||Open University Malaysia (OUM)|
|Subject||SBST1303: Elementary Statistics|
(a) Consider the average daily temperature of your residential area, and provide the data for 30 consecutive days. Your data must be obtained from a reliable source
(b) Based on the data in (a), you are required to prepare a table (for grouped data) as shown in (b)(ii). Answer the following questions.
(i) Determine the number of classes and the class width (class size).
(ii) Complete the following table based on
(iii) Based on the table in (b)(ii), plot the histogram. You may use EXCEL to generate the histogram.
(iv) Based on the table in (b)(ii), plot the ogive. You may use EXCEL to generate the ogive.
(v) Find the first and third quartiles from the ogive obtained in (b)(iv).
(iv) Determine whether the distribution of the data is right-skewed, symmetric, or left-skewed.
Based on the data you obtained in Question 1(a), answer the following questions by using the formula to correct to one decimal place.
- Arrange the data in ascending order.
- Determine the mean.
- Find the mode
- Find the median.
- Evaluate the variance and state the standard deviation.
- Compute the first and second Pearson’s Coefficient of skewness.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
The following survey provides the number of right and left-handed students in a school. Answer the following questions based on the table.
(a) Find the probability that a student is
- right-handed, given that the student is a girl.
- left-handed, given that the student is a boy.
- a girl, given that the student is right-handed.
- a boy, given that the student is left-handed.
- a boy, given that the student is a boy.
- a boy or a girl, given that the student is right or left-handed.
(b) From the result obtained in (a), what can you relate Pr(X|Y) and Pr(Y|X) in general, where X and Y represent two events?
(c) From the result obtained in (a), what is the value of Pr(X|X), where X represents an event?
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Do you need assistance with homework? Assignmenthelper.my can help! Our renowned platform offers online tutoring services to students of every level, helping them excel in their studies and master concepts that they may be struggling with. With our expert Malaysia assignment helpline, not only will you have access to a team of skillful professionals who are eager to answer all your questions but also acquire the grades that were once just out of reach for you! Take charge of improving your academic performance - sign up now on Assignmenthelper.my!
Recent Solved Questions
- HMEF5113 Statistics For Educational Research Assignment, OUM, Malaysia Students in the experimental group learned via the use of VLE while those in the control group learned under the conventional
- BTEE3013: Communication Systems Principles Assignment, TARC, Malaysia Recent development in the Internet of Things (IoT) has enabled many devices, either fixed or portable to be interconnected
- PBS3233: International Business Assignment, KPTM, Malaysia The economic system in the world refers to the way in which countries organize their economies to allocate
- TAX317: TAXATION 2 Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia Business entity located in Malaysia that manufactures taxable goods not exempted under the Sales Tax Act 2018
- Project Management Assignment, LUC, Malaysia Construction is one of the important industries which contributes to the economic growth in Malaysia
- Management Accounting Techniques Assignment, UTM, Malaysia Capital Investment becomes a crucial investment decision in an uncertain economic environment needs to be made
- BBF201/03 INTRODUCTION TO FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Assignment WOU Malaysia You are a manager who work at finance department of AVILLION BERHAD in Malaysia. You are interested to analyse the core principles of finance
- English Essay, APU, Malaysia The occurrence of violence and abuse against children is on the rise. Discuss the causes and effects
- BHM 3263: Pharmaceutical Management Essay, AMU, Malaysia You have to investigate the management of the pharmacy that you have chosen, by interviewing and researching
- MPU3313: Health and Wellness 2 Assignment, OUM, Malaysia Based on the definition of “health” by WHO, use the relevant resources to explain the status of each of the following characteristics