Introduction to Business Ethics and Values Assignment, LUC, Malaysia The role of Small and Medium Enterprises (‘SMEs’) in the Malaysian economy is undoubtedly important
|University||Lincoln University College (LUC)|
|Subject||Introduction to Business Ethics and Values|
The role of Small and Medium Enterprises (‘SMEs’) in the Malaysian economy is undoubtedly important. It assumes a significant role in the country’s industrialization program as it represents the largest percentage of establishments at 99.2%.
In terms of their economic contribution, SMEs contribute 32% to the Gross Domestic Product, 56.4% to the total workforce, and 19% to total exports. Based on the Census on Establishments and Enterprises 2005, there are a total of 552,849 companies in operation. Out of this, a total of 548,307, or 99.2% were defined as SMEs.
Referring to the statistics published by SMIDEC, the leading fraction of Malaysian SMEs is in the services sector (86.6%), followed by the manufacturing sector (7.2%), and final but not least the agriculture sector (6.2%). In the services sector, the majority of SMEs were in retail, (46.4%), followed by restaurants (14.2%), wholesale (9.1%), transport and communications (6.5%), and financial intermediaries (4.1%).
Whilst in the manufacturing sector, textile and apparel represent the largest sub-sector (23.4%), followed by food and beverage (15%), metal and metal products (13%), and paper and recorded media (7.2%). For the agriculture sector, the primary activities are mainly in planting, market plantation, and horticulture (65.6%), followed by fisheries (20.8%) and poultry farming (7%).
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
At Assignmenthelper.my, we provide professional thesis writing assistance to students who are looking to achieve academic success. Our team of experienced writers is dedicated to delivering high-quality theses that meet the specific requirements of each client. We understand that writing a thesis can be a daunting task, which is why we offer a wide range of assignment writing services to help students at every stage of the writing process. From topic selection and research to editing and proofreading, we are here to ensure that your thesis is polished and ready for submission.
Recent Solved Questions
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Assignment, SU, Malaysia Many organizations faced challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic, and some found ways to overcome them but some failed
- ENT3074: Entrepreneurship Assignment, SU, Malaysia Students are required to focus on proposing a business in any sector in Malaysia
- UBM599 Digital Workforce Report, UTM, Malaysia Students are required to register to crowdsourcing platforms and completed their online profiling
- Probability Home Work, HWU, Malaysia The multiplication rule for dependent events is used since we are interested in the first player being a senior
- Human Resource Management Assignment, SU, Malaysia KPMG’s global 2020 HR Pulse Survey received responses from nearly 1,300 HR executives worldwide across diversified
- FIT2004: Algorithms and data structures Assignment, MUM, Malaysia you need to create a program the user can enter a word, reverse the word and check if the word is a palindrome word using a linked list
- Environmental Impact Assignment, UU, Malaysia Malaysia is a developing country. Rapid development, deforestation, destruction of mountains, and many other activities
- MGT7101: Managing Operations of Business Assignment, PBS, Malaysia A brief introduction of the organization, with a general discussion on its service offering and industry
- KNC6013: Sustainable Project Management Assignment, USM, Malaysia Sustainable Development Decision Making for sustainable project management can be a very arduous task
- Programming Fundamental Assignment, TU, Malaysia Morgan Stark is a child prodigy just like his father Tony Stark when he was young. At five years old, she self-taught herself