BCS302/03: Corporate Governance Assignment WOU Malaysia Companies Act 2016 makes it illegal for any loan to be made by a company, or by any of its subsidiary companies
|University||Wawasan Open University (WOU)|
|Subject||BCS302/03: Corporate Governance|
1. Companies Act 2016 makes it illegal for any loan to be made by a company, or by any of its subsidiary companies, or by any other person under guarantee from, or on security provided by the company, or by any of its subsidiary companies to any director of the company. Discuss the exception of this provision in the Companies Act 2016.
2. In the case of a public company, explain the rights of members on the “service contract” of directors.
3. Describe FOUR (4) key areas of financial statements of a company that the audit committee would focus on.
4. Section 219 provides that a director has a general duty to disclose his or her direct or indirect interest in the company. Explain how the director could make such a disclosure.
5. Describe the main responsibilities of the Securities Commission in regulating the capital markets of Malaysia.
6. Explain the provision of the Companies Act 2016 which provides how a public listed company will hold its annual general meeting.
7. As the company secretary of a public listed company, discuss the best practices in respect of the effective functioning of the board as suggested in the Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance (MCCG, 2021).
8. Explain to the chairman of a public listed company the possible contributions of the company secretary to good corporate governance.
9. Discuss the rationale for integrating sustainability in business organizations and how to embed business sustainability as suggested in Bursa’s sustainability reporting guide.
10. Advise the shareholder of a public listed company on the information, or additional information, to look for in the company’s financial statement which is mandatorily required by the Companies Act 2016.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
If you are finding it difficult to "do my assignment for me", AssignmentHelper.my is here to help! Our team of experienced Malaysian tutors will guide you through the entire process from start to finish and ensure that your assignment meets all the requirements set out by WOU Malaysia. We understand that it can be difficult to find reliable and quality assignment helper Malaysia, but rest assured we have you sorted with our carefully sourced tutors who are all highly qualified professionals.
Recent Solved Questions
- MPU3313: Health and Wellness 2 Assignment, OUM, Malaysia Based on the definition of “health” by WHO, use the relevant resources to explain the status of each of the following characteristics
- BDPB2103: Introductory Human Resource Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia Briefly discuss the advantages of training and development programs to an organization
- Business Ethics Assignment, CU, Malaysia Offering a bribe is wrong because it is an inducement to act dishonestly, to disregard one’s duties and to betray a trust
- MBB 3213: Principles of Marketing Assignment, UoTS, Malaysia Identify the target markets for each Malaysian product in consumer and business markets
- Innovating Digital Systems and Services Course Work, APU, Malaysia You are expected to undertake an individual innovation project and to submit a project report to London
- LAW60104: Business Law Case Study, TU, Malaysia On 14th February 2023, Peter advertised his BMW car which was actually worth RM80,000 for sale for RM66,000
- BMK311: Product Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia Smart Home Technology was introduced in the early 2000s. Everyone in the world began talking about the Internet of Things
- Legislation Assignment, OUM, Malaysia What is the Factory and Machine Act 1967? Why was the promulgation of this Act necessary? Who is the enforcement authority
- Certification in AML Assignment, ICTA, Malaysia You are a member of the anti-money laundering (AML) team of a regulated financial services firm operating in Malaysia
- SBFS1103 Thinking Skills and Problem Solving Essay OUM Malaysia The objectives of the assignment are to expose learners to critical thinking, and decision-making skills and enhance the learners