BIS2212: Social and Professional Responsibilities Case Study, SU, Malaysia Based on the case study above analyze the character of Superintendent Hashim in terms of his moral values
|Sunway College (SC)
|BIS2212: Social and Professional Responsibilities
John Tan has just graduated from Sunway University with a BSc (Hons) in Cyber Security. As a top student, he was headhunted by the government and started working as a cyber security analyst at the Bukit Aman police intelligence agency.
During the course of his work, he stumbles upon documents, which reveal that the government is spying on leaders of opposition parties whom they suspect allegedly have links to the Sri Lanka Tamil Tigers.
He discusses this matter with his superior officer, Superintendent Hashim who tells him that though the spying was illegal, it was essential for national security. He also tells John that the sanction for the spying came from the highest office of the government.
He further warns John not to divulge facts of the case to anyone else in the organization and especially no one on the outside as it may lead to his dismissal from the organization or even his arrest for treason. Superintendent Hashim indicated the presence of specific laws/acts which prevented government employees from revealing secrets that would embarrass the government of the day.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
However, John being an honest person finds himself in an ethical dilemma. He feels that spying, apart from being illegal, could also be misused by the government for settling political scores with its opponents.
- Based on the case study above analyze the character of Superintendent Hashim in terms of his moral values.
- What is the ethical dilemma faced by John? What moral values is he trying to balance?
- Identify the stakeholders.
- What are the facts which need to be verified?
- Test each option using ethical lenses
- If YOU were in John’s position, Explain the ethical decision you might take, giving proper reasons. You can use the options above but do not have to be restricted by them.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Whether you're stuck on a thesis proposal or can't seem to find the right words for your thesis statement, Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com has got you covered. With a dedicated team of professional thesis writers, we guarantee that you'll get the best thesis help for your assignment.Need help with your KNC6083 assignment on Risk and Hazard Management in the Energy Sector? We've got you covered. Our assignment help service is designed to provide you with the highest quality assistance, delivered on time and tailored to meet your exact needs.
Recent Solved Questions
- KNC6013: Advanced Conventional Energy System Assignment, UMS, Malaysia The global warming scourge is threatening to ravage humanity and Rising sea levels
- Understanding Business Essay, UWS, Malaysia Nothing highlights the dynamic nature of business more than the rise of social media. As tablets, iPhones, e-readers
- Early Childhood Education Assignment, UIU, Malaysia You are required to design an integrated pedagogical approach for five-year-old children
- Computational Method for Mechanical Engineers Assignment, MMU, Malaysia Figure 1 shows a two-dimensional, steady-state heat conduction with a heat source. Students are required to identify a suitable
- ADS404: Introduction to Public Administration Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia All the country in the world has their own system to govern their state such as democratic, communist, totalitarian
- G0302: Web Site Design Report, XUM, Malaysia Submitting or presenting someone else’s work, words, ideas, data or information as your own intentionally or unintentionally
- HMEF5113: Statistics for Educational Research Assignment, OUM, Malaysia Dataset for Assignments 1 and 2 May 2023 Sav was extracted from an experimental research study that was undertaken
- Environmental Engineering Thesis, UKM, Malaysia An ornamental creeping plant will be cultivated vertically to create a wall structure. Light conditions and water availability
- MGT6203: Managing Information System Coursework, IIU, Malaysia You are required to read a minimum of three (3)journals, articles, and write a review paper about Industry
- Programming Assignment, APU, Malaysia At the product page clicking on the product will have a add outlet product, inside need to have a form that have a select option