FIN60804: Future and Options Assignment, TU, Malaysia As a Finance student, you may consider embarking on personal trading in the future to generate additional income or to become a professional trader
|Taylor's University (TU)
|FIN60804: Future and Options
As a Finance student, you may consider embarking on personal trading in the future to generate additional income or to become a professional trader. Prior to trading with your own money in the real market, this trading simulation exercise would be useful. PLUS 500 is an online trading platform that will enable you to open a virtual account and trade with virtual money. You can trade as many transactions/ volumes as you like with the amount of virtual money given. You are required to use only fundamental and/or technical analysis in your trading strategy. Indicate THREE (3) different FUTURES contracts from any THREE (3) different underlying asset categories (i.e., commodity, FOREX, indexes, ETF, and shares) that you have traded with. Each
contract would have one (1) open and closed/ongoing position. Justify the reason/rationale of each transaction (i.e., the reason to open and close/ongoing positions) and the outcome of those transactions by providing supporting materials or documents. You are encouraged to use the event study method to justify your strategy.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
1.) Install and register a demo account on Plus500 Trading on mobile Apps.
2.) Select THREE different FUTURES contracts from THREE different underlying asset categories (commodity, FOREX, indexes, ETF, and shares)
3.) Start to trade all the Futures contracts which you have selected. You must trade a minimum of 5 days and a maximum of 10 days during your semester. Remember! This is just a demo trading. Avoid using real money.
4.) Compile all transactions (including different types of underlying assets) that you had traded and include them in this assignment report.
5.) Marks will not be awarded based on the profit or loss amount that you made but based on the rationale of each transaction.
6.) Print-screen the outcome of the important transactions that you have chosen and include it in your report.
Trading strategy report
1. List each of the commodities you will trade and explain why they were your choice
2. Explain as specifically as you can the factors which decide the price for each commodity you will trade
3. You should include a diagram illustrating the price determination for each of your products.
4. Specify as precisely as possible how you will make trading decisions. What will be your source of information? How will you use this data? Will you use technical, fundamental, or expert opinion, or will you utilize all three? For example, will you trade (a) purely technically, using only past price with a system such as moving averages; (b) purely fundamentally with supply, demand, weather, and world political information; (c) purely based on expert opinion from reviewing authoritative market newsletters; or (d) a combination of all three?
5. What will you do if you have “poor luck in the markets” as the semester progresses? Will you wait to see if your luck improves, or will you cut your losses and attempt to enhance your plan with different, more effective methods? Does your group have a plan to conduct research (reading) during the semester to enhance its methods?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
At AssignmentHelper.my, we understand that students have a lot on their plate. That's where we come in. Our team of experienced assignment writers in Malaysia can take on any assignment, no matter how complex. We also offer a range of value-added services, including online exam assistance. So if you're looking for help with your FIN60804: Future And Options Assignment, TU, Malaysia, look no further than Assignment Helper Malaysia.
Recent Solved Questions
- LC1204: Non-verbal Communication Assignment, UTB, Malaysia Identify the non-verbal cues in a particular context/setting e.g., classroom setting or family gathering, or official event
- Entrepreneurship Assignment, UUM, Malaysia The primary objective of this assignment is to access your understanding of the core concepts of entrepreneurship
- Applied Financial Skills Report, HWU, Malaysia Explain the nature of the business e.g. brief company background, what products does it sell, and what is its business model
- BPA11403: Principle of Accounting Report, UTHM, Malaysia Analysis of the financial statements by assessing the liquidity, profitability, efficiency, and solvency of the business using ratio analysis
- Managerial Finance Course Work, APU, Malaysia What is the company’s earnings potential? Example to include: gross profit, net income, EBITDA, and financial earning for which year
- Democracy and Society Essay, UKM, Malaysia Apply the concepts of democracy that have been discussed in class to reflect on a case study of a particular
- CV81: History of Psychology Assignment, KU, Malaysia You are to write a rather lengthy email to your juniors in the BSc Psychology degree program
- BBMC4103: Change Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia Discussing the concepts and theories of organizational change and applying it in the real business world
- Fine Art Thesis, APU, Malaysia What are the visual references that are suitable for portraying the expression of homeless people in Penang
- Electronics & Electrical Power and Machines Assignment, SU, Malaysia You are required to select any one of the DC OR AC machines. Discuss in detail the construction, working principles