ELC501: English for Critical Academic Reading Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia Malaysian car buyers have come a long way in the past ten years or so. From only caring about looks, performance
|University||Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)|
|Subject||ELC501: English for Critical Academic Reading|
Malaysian car buyers have come a long way in the past ten years or so. From only caring about looks, performance, and spaciousness, we now have a demanding consumer base that asks more pertinent questions regarding safety features.
That’s great to know, and in general, car specifications in Malaysia have seen gradual improvements over the years. It wasn’t too long ago that a brand new Toyota Camry, a D-segment sedan was sold here without any form of electronic stability control.
Now, not only does the latest Camry have ESP as standard, but it also gets the full suite of active safety features, complete with autonomous emergency braking (AEB), adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, and blind spot monitor. In fact, pretty much the entire Toyota range in Malaysia is fitted with ESP as standard now, down to the cheapest Yaris. Only the long-in-the-tooth Avanza is an exception.
The same goes for more basic safety features such as airbags. A few years back, you’d need at least a C-segment vehicle to have anything more than two airbags, but now, even the Perodua Myvi gets at least four. The Kia Picanto, technically an A-segmenter, 1/5 gets six airbags. Similarly, AEB and other active safety features were once exclusive to high-end premium cars, and now they’re available on the Perodua Axia and Bezza.
But it’s not all roses, obviously, because while we have seen great advancements in most areas, some things have stayed the same. Even with Malaysian car buyers being more demanding of safety equipment in new cars, quite a few car brands in the country still have the habit of offering compromised safety kits on lower, cheaper variants.
I can forgive older models that were launched a few years ago. It was a different time, then. The Proton Iriz, for instance, only offers two airbags in Standard and Executive forms, but let’s not forget that it is offered with six airbags in Premium guise was a landmark moment for the industry in Malaysia way back in 2014.
Back then, the Perodua Myvi only had two airbags and no ESP, even in its most
expensive variant. It was not until the end of 2017 that it matched the Proton while moving the goalpost even further with the inclusion of AEB. Stability control was also fitted to the Myvi and added to the Axia and Bezza more recently. A great byproduct of competition– all parties improve.
But back to the matter at hand, we still have brand new car models launching with compromised safety kits here and now in 2020. Of the three biggest launches in the past month – the Proton X50, Honda City, and Nissan Almera – all have fewer airbags in the lower variants compared to the more expensive variants.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Looking for the best thesis writers in Malaysia? Look no further than Assignmenthelper.my! Our team of experienced and talented writers are ready to tackle any thesis writing challenge that comes their way. With our commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction, you can trust that your thesis will be in the best hands with Assignmenthelper.my!
Recent Solved Questions
- PRG2203: Programming Techniques Assignment, IIU, Malaysia You are required to create a C++ program for the system that you have analyzed and designed
- Finance Accounting and Management Report, UON, Malaysia You have been hired as a management consultant to analyze the current financial position of the company
- Human Computer Interaction Assignment, UU, Malaysia In order to use external knowledge sources for innovation activities in organizations, recently crowdsourcing platforms
- D2FIN100: Introduction to Finance Assignment, HU, Malaysia Suppose the stock of Host Hotels & Resorts is currently trading for $20 per share. If Host does a 3:2 stock split
- DCP5101: Program Design Assignment, MMU, Malaysia I need a standalone console application that can keep track of my restaurant sales. Customers will typically order food and drinks
- Principle of Marketing Assignment, UTM, Malaysia Based on the segmentation selected in the previous question, which group of customers do you intend to target
- FIN30016: Financial Accounting Report, SUT, Malaysia The size effect/premium in stock returns is the phenomenon that small-cap stocks on average outperform large-cap stocks over time
- Business Economic Case Study, SU, Malaysia The following table lists the cross-price elasticities of demand for several goods, where the percent quantity change
- DPM10013 Principle of Marketing Course Work PM Malaysia Draw Three marketing channels for the consumer market with appropriate examples
- Crypotography Course Work, UPM, Malaysia What is the MAC address of the web server? What was the attacker trying to achieve with this action