Public Law Course Work, UiTM, Malaysia In response to the judicial outcome of the Afghan Hijackers case, then-future Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
|University||Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)|
In response to the judicial outcome of the Afghan Hijackers case, then-future Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, David Cameron, expressed that the Conservatives would “scrap, reform or replace” the Human Rights Act 1998 unless the government is able to achieve an understanding to enable foreign criminals to be deported to their countries of origin.
Shortly after the High Court’s ruling that the nine Afghans who claimed asylum after hijacking a plane had the right to remain in Britain, The Tory leader asserted that it was wrong to allow “the human rights of dangerous criminals to fly in the face of common sense”.
“Being able to balance the danger they pose to the UK if they stay, with the danger to them if they are returned to their country of origin, is no longer possible,” Cameron added, further emphasizing the compounding effect of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR/Convention) – adopted into British law via HRA 1998 – which had significantly contributed to the quandary above. Fast forward 15 years, and today, the HRA 1998 continues to remain a longstanding icon of provocation, fear, and anxiety for many Conservatives.
That does not exclude the current Secretary of Justice, Dominic Raab, who claims it has led to a series of successful cases in court, which might be unjustifiable, illogical, or unconscionable. One of the most pronounced vexes of the 1998 Act is that it prevents the deportation of foreign criminals based on the enshrined right to family life, in line with Article 8 of the Convention. Outline the importance of the HRA 1998 to the British constitution, and whether reform proposals, such as a British Bill of Rights (BBR), are necessary to be implemented.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Assignmenthelper.my provides homework help online from qualified professionals who understand how difficult it can be to keep up with assignments while juggling other responsibilities. Our team of experienced online assignment helpers provides assistance in a variety of subjects, so you don’t have to worry about finding reliable help for yourself or your child – we’ve got you covered.
Recent Solved Questions
- DPJ5531: Programming in Java Assignment, HWU, Malaysia Propose your own title and develop one Java application based
- Business Statics Assignment, SU, Malaysia In 2004, ratings are compiled concerning the performance of new cars during the first 100 days of use
- Strategic Corporate Finance Assignment, HWU, Malaysia An investment business situated in Malaysia has just hired you to be a financial analyst on their investment team
- ECW1101: Introductory Microeconomics Assignment, MUM, Malaysia A price ceiling that is below the perfectly competitive equilibrium price creates a deadweight loss because it leads
- International Marketing Report, IBAS, Malaysia The senior management team has asked you to brief them on the implications of international marketing for organizations
- Aircraft Electrical Essay, GFA, Malaysia Write an essay on how an aircraft electrical distribution system power up essential aircraft systems
- Business, Accounting & Finance Assignment, FIC, Malaysia Evaluate the local markets in light of stock markets, interest rates, currencies and commodities
- Advanced Environmental Impact Essay, UU, Malaysia Malaysia is a developing country. Rapid development, deforestation, destroy of mountains and many other activities
- PGBM01: Relying only on accounting figures from Income Statement and Balance: Financial Management and Control Assignment, UOS, Malaysia
- MPU3122 TAMADUN ISLAM DAN TAMADUN ASIA Assignment, OUM, Malaysia Tugasan ini adalah untuk menilai kebolehan pelajar membincangkan tentang Isu Semasa dan Masa Hadapan Berkaitan dengan Tamadun