Managing Organizations Case Study, UUM, Malaysia On a hot and dry afternoon in May 2014, Shiekh Farrukh Niaz, chief executive officer and owner of Pak Sweets
|University||Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)|
On a hot and dry afternoon in May 2014, Shiekh Farrukh Niaz, chief executive officer and owner of Pak Sweets, sat in his office puzzling over the best way to deal with conflicts among members of his workforce. Running a factory that depended on factory-floor workers drawn from different ethnicities was anything but easy.
The conflicts resulting from ethnic differences were escalating into riots, which routinely caused damage to company property. Niaz’s desire to take firm action was thwarted by the even more dangerous possibility of crippling union strikes and lockouts. Indeed, the diversity at Pak Sweets was causing tremendous issues at the factory.
Pak Sweets started its operations in 1984 in a single room with a production capacity powered by two machines and only a few employees, tasked to produce popcorn of different flavors including butter, plain, and cheese. The product became quite successful, and with increasing revenues, the company was able to expand in 1995 to a two-room facility in Kabari Bazaar, Saddar Rawalpindi.
The number of machines was increased to four, with two more machines set up for packing the popcorn. In 1996, Pak Sweets added two new product lines: dried fruits and fennel seeds. The increase in sales and success of the product lines led to hiring more employees to keep up with production.
The company experienced steady growth in its operations from 1996 to 2002. In 2002, the factory was shifted to a full-fledged operating plant (4,047 square meters or 43,560 square feet) located at Chakri Road, Rawalpindi. The new space offered better facilities with three huge production halls, three rooms for packaging, and two administrative offices.
As the organization grew, so did the workforce; by 2014, Pak Sweets had 60 employees, which was a substantial increase from the three employees hired at the commencement of the company’s operations in 1984.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Are you struggling with your assignments and looking for reliable and efficient assignment assistance? Look no further than Assignment Helper Malaysia! Our team of expert writers is dedicated to providing high-quality assignment help services to students all over Malaysia. We offer a wide range of services, including essay writing service, research paper writing, case study analysis, and much more. Our writers are highly qualified and experienced in their respective fields, ensuring that you receive the best possible assistance for your assignments. So why wait? Contact us today to get top-notch help with your assignments and ace your academic goals!
Recent Solved Questions
- PHYSIOTHERAPY Assignment, MU, Malaysia Mrs. Spoon is a 48-year-old woman who works part-time as a kindergarten assistant come to physiotherapy clinic with the history of Pain
- DPB20043: Management Information System Case Study, PM, Malaysia Choose a company that protects its products using any one of the types of intellectual property as the above diagram
- BDEK2203: Introductory Macroeconomics Assignment, OUM, Malaysia Illustrate and explain the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and unemployment for Malaysia for the years 2018-2021 using graphs
- Applied Calculus Assignment, SU, Malaysia Jubahsauk produces two new designs of baju kurung, A and B. Through market research and survey, the company determines
- CIS2017-N: Relational & NoSQL Database Assignment, TU, Malaysia Overview of the Selected Case Study and Associated Business Requirements
- Environmental Science Assignment, UON, Malaysia Enzim E memangkin hidrolisis substrat S Kinetik E (V0) sebagai satu fungsi S diukur dan data diperoleh seperti dalam Jadual
- ELC101: Introduction to Instrumentation Course Work, DTCC, Malaysia Our law of contract is widely seen as deficient in the sense that it is perceived to be hampered by the presence
- Strategic Management Case Study, UTM, Malaysia Heartsong LLC is a designer and manufacturer of replacement heart valves based in Peoria, Illinois. While a relatively small company
- BMM 2543: Fluid Mechanics Assignment, UMP, Malaysia Write a report with references for the application of Fluid Mechanic’s fundamental principles on hydroelectric energy
- Statistics and Decision Analysis Report, APU, Malaysia The current dataset is related to the basic items from grocery section of 4 different hypermarkets in Malaysia