TBE101/03: Building Materials Report, WOU, Malaysia Metals are commonly employed in the building and construction industry due to their inherent qualities
|University||Wawasan Open University (WOU)|
|Subject||TBE101/03: Building Materials|
1. Metals are commonly employed in the building and construction industry due to their inherent qualities. Structures, reinforcements, cladding, roofing, window frames, plumbing, heating equipment, and a variety of other applications all use them. Metals can be found in both old and new buildings, as well as in contemporary design. You are required to:
i. Compare two types of metals and explain the properties of the metals chosen
ii. Interpret the production of metals chosen in
iii. Classify the factors affecting the application of metals chosen in construction Prepare a report according to the above requirement. Appropriate photographs,
figures, records, and schematic diagrams are to be included where necessary. All references need to be properly cited. Your report should not be less than 30 words.
2. Hardwoods are widely used for walls, ceilings, and floors, while softwoods are frequently utilized for doors, furniture, and window frames. Oak, maple, mahogany, cherry, walnut, and teak are some of the most popular hardwoods. In Malaysia, wooden houses are still popular in both urban and suburban areas.
In this assignment, you are required to:
(i) Present an example of a timber building*. The selected building must have ≥50% of timber application and locate in Malaysia.
(ii) Classify the application of timber in the building.
(iii) Describe the properties of the timber applied in the building.
(iv) Demonstrate the sources and the production of timber in building construction.
(v) Interpret the advantages and disadvantages of the application of timber in building construction.
Complete the assignment based on the above requirement. Appropriate photographs, figures, records, and schematic diagrams are to be included where necessary. All references need to be properly cited. Your report should not be less than 500 words.
3. Prepare a Site Visit report based on your visit to the selected site. Please read the TBE10105 Site Visit Tutor_Student pdf file (in Flexlearn) for information.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
We are the best online platform for getting online assignment help Malaysia with your TBE101/03 Building Materials Report assignment in WOU, Malaysia. We offer experienced and qualified writers to provide high-quality, unique and plagiarism free work that will meet all of your requirements. Our team of writers consists of experts in the field of building materials who have vast experience in all types of reports. They will help you to understand various aspects of buildings, such as foundations and construction techniques, and explain what type of materials are most suitable for a given situation. In addition, we also offer online exam help, editing and proofreading services, dissertation writing help, research paper help, essay writing help and more.
Recent Solved Questions
- CSC8016: Advanced Programming Coursework, NU, Malaysia We want to implement a virtual shopping system, whether the threads are either clients using the web app
- BDAU2103: Elements of Law Assignment, OUM, Malaysia How do law and rule differ? Explain using relevant examples. What is the relationship between law and justice
- Managing Organizations Case Study, UUM, Malaysia On a hot and dry afternoon in May 2014, Shiekh Farrukh Niaz, chief executive officer and owner of Pak Sweets
- TMF1414: Introduction to Programming Assignment, UMS, Malaysia Distinguish the basic problem-solving techniques in developing algorithms and programs for given problems
- FIT1048 Fundamentals of C++ Assignment, MUM, Malaysia You are asked to write a set of C++ classes that simulate the operation of an airline
- Information Technology Assignment, APU, Malaysia List and explain the IT hardware requirements needed in each branch to allow communication between each office
- MPU3223_V2 Entrepreneurship Assignment OUM Malaysia Choose a Popular Travel Agency in Malaysia Such as Reliance Travel
- HMEF5113 Statistics For Educational Research Assignment, OUM, Malaysia Students in the experimental group learned via the use of VLE while those in the control group learned under the conventional
- Wind Engineering Thesis, UTM, Malaysia There is an urgency for us to implement energy saving in buildings because of the high energy consumption and CO2 emission
- Managerial Economics Assignment, UON, Malaysia Explain the term Explicit and Implicit costs. Give examples. What is Economic Profit as compared to Financial Profit