ACW1020: Accounting In Business Assignment, MUM, Malaysia Top Glove Corporation Berhad (TGCB) Is A Leading Rubber Glove Manufacturer
|University||Monash University Malaysia (MUM)|
|Subject||ACW1020: Accounting In Business|
Top Glove Corporation Berhad (TGCB) is a leading rubber glove manufacturer. Your team is preparing TGCB’s performance report for a client interested in buying its shares. During a team discussion, your team members examined the 2021 Annual Report of TGCB and raised many random questions about its financial statements. The report is in the Supporting materials folder. They asked the following questions:
i. Peter asked if the list of assets in TGCB’s Statement of Financial Position was comprehensive. Could there be any omissions?
ii. Wendy wondered if the figure shown under equity in the Statement of Financial Position accurately reflects TGCB’s true worth.
iii. Hook wanted to know why the number of profits in the statement of profit or loss and the cash balance in the financial statement differed.
iv. Michael noticed that TGCB reported a negative net cash flow from investing (for Group). He asked if it was a regular thing.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Amazon.Com and Netflix are among the most successful companies in the world. Read their profile in the “Supporting materials” folder to understand their background.
Table 1 presents the financial ratios for Amazon.Com and Netflix for the year 2021. Study and compare the ratios of both companies.
You are required to write a report comparing these companies’ profitability (8 marks), efficiency (8 marks), liquidity (4 marks), and solvency (5 marks). Using the information gathered from their profiles and other relevant sources, comment on the differences in these ratios for both companies. The report should not be more than 600 words.
The table below presents the operating cash cycles (OCC) for Amazon.Com and Netflix. Both companies had negative OCC in 2021.
Write a memo explaining the followings:
a. Why could companies have negative OCC?
b. Is negative OCC reflecting a good or bad working capital situation in the companies?
c. Is negative OCC sustainable?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Spice Industries Ltd (SIL) produces a variety of spices, such as cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, and star anise. The spices are distributed to food operators around the country. Its spices are prevalent, especially as the gourmet food trend expands across the nation. There is a constant demand for quality and freshness. As a result, the demand for spices is expected to increase in the coming years.
SIL’s fixed cost is the cost of operating the plant. The plant processes the spices for a month for $4,500. Variable costs are raw spices and labor costs. Each kilogram of processed spices requires raw spices, which cost $18. Each kilogram of spices takes two hours to process and pack, and the business pays the labor $27 an hour. The laborers are all on contracts that specify that they are not paid if they do not work for any reason. The spices are sold to a wholesaler for $90 per kilogram.
SIL expects to sell 500 kilograms of spices a month. The business has the opportunity to rent a spice processor. Doing so would increase the total fixed costs of operating the plant for a month to $18,000 and reduce labor to one hour per kilogram of spices. The workers would still be paid $27 an hour.
Before deciding to rent the processor, the managing director asked you for the following information:
1. What is the break-even point for the business? Without a new processor and with a new processor. (Show working clearly)
2. How much profit would the business make each month from selling the spices when it sells 500 kg per month? (Show working clearly)
a. Assuming that the business does not rent the spice processor?
b. Assuming that it rents the processor?
3. Study and comment on the figures you calculated in (1) and (2). Relate your comment to the margin of safety and operating gearing concepts. You should also recommend to the managing director whether to rent the processor.
Read an article on Toshiba’s accounting scandal in the Supporting Materials folder, and answer the following questions:
1. What could be the reasons for a company’s management manipulating accounting numbers? Explain 2 reasons. (Word limit: 150 words or less)
2. Describe 3 actions that can discourage accounting manipulations and fraud in a company. (Word limit: 150 words or less)
3. Is it puzzling to note that auditors for Toshiba could not detect the irregularities in its accounting practices which had taken place for 7 years. Why do you think auditors failed to uncover the problems? Explain 3 reasons.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
At AssignmentHelper.my, we are committed to helping you achieve your academic success with our experienced team of experts providing assignment writing help in Malaysia for ACW1020: Accounting In Business Assignment at MUM, Malaysia. We provide the best accounting in business assignment help services to students who need assistance in completing their assignments on time and with accuracy. Our experts have extensive experience in working with accounting in business assignments and can provide guidance on the most effective ways of approaching a particular problem. You can check our free accounting assignment samples before you buy our services to see the quality of our work.
Recent Solved Questions
- Animal Crossing Assignment, UPM, Malaysia New Horizons (ACNH) and how it affects their communicative anxiety when interacting with other players
- USPP3014: Metaphysics Research Paper, UUM, Malaysia F. H. Bradley philosophizes that metaphysics is the finding of bad reasons for what we believe upon instinct
- Corporate governance in Malaysia Assignment, HU, Malaysia What extent does the corporate Governance framework in Malaysia provide a framework of control mechanisms that support a company
- Management Assignment, MU, Malaysia Select any ONE restaurant chain in Malaysia that you are familiar with. Compare decision-making in certain conditions
- Democracy and Society Essay, UKM, Malaysia Apply the concepts of democracy that have been discussed in class to reflect on a case study of a particular
- TCC238: Structured Programming Course Work, WOU, Malaysia C program comprises all codes needed for the compilation and execution of a runnable system
- Global Sourcing Assignment, OUM, Malaysia At its 335th Session, the Governing Body of the ILO decided to convene a technical meeting on the future of work
- BPMM1013: Principles of Marketing Assignment, UUM, Malaysia What would you like to do to increase the average monthly revenues by more than 20%? Justify your choice
- Computational Thinking Assignment, MU, Malaysia Computational thinking is an approach to problem-solving that involves critical and logical thinking in order to solve problems
- Research Methodology Assignment, UPM, Malaysia The manager of “Mee Segera Disukai Ramai” suspects that half of his 300 male and female workers are not very motivated