Communication Law and Ethics Assignment, SU, Malaysia choose one (1) social media platform (for example, Meta, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, Google, etc.). Examine their content moderation policies
|University||Sunway University (SU)|
|Subject||Communication Law and Ethics|
According to a Pew Research Centre survey conducted between 26 July and 8 August 2021, almost half (48%) of the adult population in the United States said that they “often” or “sometimes” obtain news from social media, while the Reuters Institute Digital News Report 2021 found that Facebook and Twitter are the main platforms. Social media platforms are public spaces that nurture democratic civic space for civil public conversations and further substantive policy discussions and debates.
Nevertheless, there are growing criticisms that big tech companies have failed to stop the pervasive distribution of fake news, as well as unfettered expressions of harmful content such as hate speech and terrorism. Given the increasingly influential role that social media plays in shaping public discourse, there is an urgent need to address such issues before they damage the fabric of society.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Despite the common notion that social media platforms serve as digital public squares, in reality, they are private commercial entities that merely host content generated by others. When people sign up as members of a social media platform, they are governed by its stipulated terms and conditions. As these tech giants can moderate or censor as they see fit, it is important to understand how they formulate and implement their content moderation policies across various jurisdictions as well as regulate sensitive and controversial topics while balancing different moral, ethical, and cultural standards as well as legal obligations.
Examine how these online platforms balance their social responsibilities and
commitment to human rights vis-à-vis their commercial interests. What is your opinion on their decisions to moderate/censor content or ban users from their platforms?
In your assignment, choose one (1) social media platform (for example, Meta, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, Google, etc.). Examine their content moderation policies and discuss whether these policies have been effective and appropriate.
You may choose to focus on one (1) particular issue, for example, fake news,
information on the COVID-19 pandemic, cyber-bullying, terrorism, etc. and discuss how the tech giant of your choice has dealt with this issue through its content moderation policies.
Your research paper should cover the following areas: –
• Overview of the development of social media platforms and their links to
freedom of speech and expression.
• Explain what content moderation is and why has it become an essential part of social media platforms.
• Choose a social media platform and explain why you wish to examine its
content moderation policies.
B. Body of Paper
• Overview of the content moderation policies of your chosen social media
• Discuss one key content moderation issue that has emerged on the platform.
• Analyse whether the platform’s content moderation policy is appropriate and
whether its enforcement has been effective in dealing with the issue.
• Your discussion should contain at least one example of the issue being
• State your stance on whether content moderation on the social media platform has been justifiably used to address the problem that results from the emergence of that issue.
• Your conclusion must be supported by logical evidence and reasoning based
on your above discussion and analysis.
• Avoid summarising all the points already mentioned earlier. Highlight only
important point(s) if you want to repeat key information.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
If you're struggling with your communications law and ethics assignment, you're not alone. Whether you're tackling TMA or individual assignments, delving into group projects, or seeking guidance from an assignment helper or thesis writer in Malaysia, we've got you covered. For SU's Communication Law and Ethics Assignment, explore content moderation policies on popular social media platforms like Meta, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, and Google. Need more? Our expertise extends to BM070: Business Research Methods Assignment at APU, Malaysia. Let us empower your educational journey with our human touch. So if you're looking for someone to "do my assignment for me", don't hesitate to contact us today
Recent Solved Questions
- Database Systems Report, MMU, Malaysia You and your group of friends have recently decided to launch a startup company
- Human Resource Management Assignment, SU, Malaysia KPMG’s global 2020 HR Pulse Survey received responses from nearly 1,300 HR executives worldwide across diversified
- XDCS2014: Java Programming Assignment, UOW, Malaysia You are required to create a GUI application that can be used by students to keep track of their GPA / CGPA based on their grades for each module at the end of each semester
- FIN2102: Financial Management Report, IIU, Malaysia You are considering investing in HOG REIT Suppose it is currently undergoing expansion
- FAR570: Financial Accounting and Reporting 4 Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia The Malaysian Private Entities Reporting Standards issued by Malaysian Accounting Standards Board are applicable
- Business Analytics Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia The Eastland Plaza Branch of the Indiana University Credit Union was having trouble getting the correct staffing levels
- BECE3073: Estimating and Costing Report, CUM, Malaysia Describe the construction industry structure and key players, and be able to identify the roles and responsibilities
- CCS21203/DSE20203: OPERATING SYSTEM Assignment, MSU, Malaysia Apply the principles and theories related to information technology and application in the Operating System environment
- MGMT20001: Organisational Behaviour Case Study, UOM, Malaysia What suggestions do you have for the president on how to coach Jack in developing a personal improvement plan
- Media Law Case Study, AeU, Malaysia The plaintiff, the publisher of a free five-days-a-week national English-language newspaper called ‘the Sun’