PAD240 Government and Politics Assignment, UTM, Malaysia The Dewan Rakyat is the lower house of the bicameral Parliament, the federal legislature of Malaysia
|University||Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)|
|Subject||PAD240: Government and Politics|
The Dewan Rakyat is the lower house of the bicameral Parliament, the federal legislature of Malaysia. The House and its powers are established by Article 44 of the Malaysian Constitution. The Dewan Rakyat sits in the Dewan Parlimen in Kuala Lumpur, along with the Dewan Negara, the upper house.
The Dewan Rakyat or the House of Representatives shall consist of 222 elected members (Article 46). All of them are elected by the people. In other words, they are the representatives of the people for the People’s choice.
Many new policies and programs are introduced by the Dewan Rakyat for the development and welfare of the people. Both the Dewans must approve the Bill like policy, law, or program with a simple majority for any issues of public interest as set out in Article 159, and with a 2/3 majority for most of the provisions in the Federal Constitution, such as issues relating to Conference of Rulers, and the special position and privileges of the Malays and natives of Sabah and Sarawak. Besides that, some of these provisions also require the consent of the Conference of Rulers before they could be amended.
The Dewan Rakyat has the jurisdiction and authority to debate almost any issue of national interest. For example, from financial budget to security of the state, to international trade, and so on. The Dewan Rakyat drafts and proposes the laws known as a ‘bill’.
But to be made a law, it needs to be passed by both the Dewan Rakyat and Dewan Negara, then it is sent to the King for royal assent. If the bill is rejected by the Dewan Negara, legalizing the proposed bill will be delayed for a maximum of one year before it is sent for royal consent.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Are you struggling with your PAD240 Government And Politics Assignment? At AssignmentHelper.my, we offer top-quality assignment writing help for PAD240 Government And Politics Assignment, Malaysia. Our team of experienced writers can provide you with the guidance and support you need to complete your assignment successfully. You can also check PAD270 assignment answers to get the idea about our quality.
Recent Solved Questions
- High Electron Mobility Transistor Research Paper, UM, Malaysia We use the natural zeolite clinoptilolite as the sensitive element in a plasticized PVC membrane
- ECONOMICS 223: Mikroeconomy Case Study, USM, Malaysia Refined sugar producer MSM Malaysia Holdings Bhd’s profitability may be affected if the new government lowers the ceiling price of refined sugar
- XDCS2014: Java Programming Assignment, UOW, Malaysia You are required to create a GUI application that can be used by students to keep track of their GPA / CGPA based on their grades for each module at the end of each semester
- DED5074: School Effectiveness and Improvement Report, MSU, Malaysia Henry Mintzberg opines, “Simply because all the decisions cannot be understood at one centre, in one brain
- Company Law Assignment, BAC, Malaysia CLOUD-ASSISTED cyber-physical systems have broad applications, ranging from healthcare to smart electricity grid
- TSE2231: Software Engineering Fundamentals Home Work, MMU, Malaysia MMU has recently set up to provide state-of-the-art research facilities in Computer Science. Apart from students
- BBPW3103: Financial Management 1 Assignment, OUM, Malaysia Select any Three companies listed in the consumer products and services sector, on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia
- Advanced Strategic Management Case Study, ASB, Malaysia After many years that’s the Holy Grail that we’re finally starting to get traction on. We recognized in the 1990s that design
- MPA21603: Managerial Economics Assignment, UTHM, Malaysia The demand and supply concepts are two of the basic concept in microeconomics. Select any decision-making
- Family & Community in Early Childhood Essay, OUM, Malaysia Ms. Kate is the principal of Unitarian Preschool with 14 years of experience. She is invited to attend a parent-teacher