Company Law Coursework, UKM, Malaysia The number of companies collapsing into insolvency in England and Wales has jumped by nearly 40% in a year
|University||Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)|
The number of companies collapsing into insolvency in England and Wales has jumped by nearly 40% in a year, as soaring energy prices, high inflation, and rising interest rates take their toll.
There were 1,948 company insolvencies in England and Wales last month, the Insolvency Service reported, up 16% from September’s total of 1,684. That figure is 38% higher than in October 2021, when there were restrictions on winding up companies during the Covid-19 pandemic, and 32% higher than in 2019.
It showed how companies in England and Wales were facing a “worsening situation”, said Jeremy Whiteson, a restructuring and insolvency partner at the City law firm Fladgate.
Two in five established businesses are concerned they could face insolvency or mass redundancies as the UK enters into a recession, according to a survey by Allica Bank.
Claire Burden, a partner at the professional services firm Evelyn Partners, said a survey of more than 500 small business owners by Censuswide showed that nearly a quarter had sold or remortgaged their homes to raise funds for their companies and a further 22% had invested personal savings.
David Hudson, a restructuring partner at the business advisory firm FRP Advisory, said inflation was hurting firms badly. “On the ground, inflation is devastating margins and throwing into doubt historically sound business models, which is eating away at confidence, undermining recovery plans and, crucially, testing the resolve of lenders,” he said.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Searching for reliable assignment help Malaysia? Stop searching here! We are your go-to destination for top-notch academic assistance, whether you need help with thesis, essays, or any other type of assignment. Our team of skilled writers and editors are dedicated to providing you with high-quality work that meets your specific needs and requirements. Plus, we offer competitive pricing and fast turnaround times, so you can get the help you need when you need it. Don't let academic stress get you down – trust Assignmenthelper.my for all your assignment needs. Contact us today to learn more!
Recent Solved Questions
- Microeconomics Assignment, HWU, Malaysia Plastic is a critical component of the modern economy and plays a significant role in various industries
- ELC101: Introduction to Instrumentation Course Work, DTCC, Malaysia Our law of contract is widely seen as deficient in the sense that it is perceived to be hampered by the presence
- Website Development Report, NEC, Malaysia The owners of the company are eager to have a high-quality website and have asked you to provide them with information
- Programming Assignment, QUB, Malaysia The Borneo Car Rental Centre owns a collection of microcars, saloons, and multipurpose cars
- Introduction to C Programming Assignment, UON, Malaysia Explain the essential facts, concepts, principles, strategies, and theories relating to Information Technology applications
- BAM7014: Accounting for Managers Assignment, MMU, Malaysia Prepare a briefing report on the financial implications of the managing director’s proposal to outsource some
- Integrated Marketing Communication Assignment, IIU, Malaysia If you were the brand manager for Kraft salad dressing, which obstacles to implementing the key integrated marketing
- AC4012: Introduction to Financial Accounting Assignment, SC, Malaysia Identify any TWO stakeholders of the company who have decision-making power, and provide an example of a decision
- BNNS6384: Bachelor of Nursing Sciences Assignment, LUC, Malaysia Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a common endocrinal problem that affects females of reproductive age
- Big Data and Ethics Essay, APU, Malaysia The U.S. firm Apple operates a digital ecosystem with its own hardware and software. Part of this ecosystem is an app store