BIS2212: Social and Professional Responsibilities Case Study, SU, Malaysia Based on the case study above analyze the character of Superintendent Hashim in terms of his moral values
|University||Sunway College (SC)|
|Subject||BIS2212: Social and Professional Responsibilities|
John Tan has just graduated from Sunway University with a BSc (Hons) in Cyber Security. As a top student, he was headhunted by the government and started working as a cyber security analyst at the Bukit Aman police intelligence agency.
During the course of his work, he stumbles upon documents, which reveal that the government is spying on leaders of opposition parties whom they suspect allegedly have links to the Sri Lanka Tamil Tigers.
He discusses this matter with his superior officer, Superintendent Hashim who tells him that though the spying was illegal, it was essential for national security. He also tells John that the sanction for the spying came from the highest office of the government.
He further warns John not to divulge facts of the case to anyone else in the organization and especially no one on the outside as it may lead to his dismissal from the organization or even his arrest for treason. Superintendent Hashim indicated the presence of specific laws/acts which prevented government employees from revealing secrets that would embarrass the government of the day.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
However, John being an honest person finds himself in an ethical dilemma. He feels that spying, apart from being illegal, could also be misused by the government for settling political scores with its opponents.
- Based on the case study above analyze the character of Superintendent Hashim in terms of his moral values.
- What is the ethical dilemma faced by John? What moral values is he trying to balance?
- Identify the stakeholders.
- What are the facts which need to be verified?
- Test each option using ethical lenses
- If YOU were in John’s position, Explain the ethical decision you might take, giving proper reasons. You can use the options above but do not have to be restricted by them.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Whether you're stuck on a thesis proposal or can't seem to find the right words for your thesis statement, Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com has got you covered. With a dedicated team of professional thesis writers, we guarantee that you'll get the best thesis help for your assignment. Our assignment help service is designed to provide you with the highest quality assistance, delivered on time and tailored to meet your exact needs.
Recent Solved Questions
- ECO7101E: Business Economics Assignment, UOP, Malaysia Discuss the macroeconomic statistics of the country. In your opinion, how did the pandemic of COVID-19
- PGBM01: Financial Management and Control Assignment, UOS, Malaysia Relying only on accounting figures from Income Statement and Balance Sheet do not present the complete performance
- CIS2017-N: Relational & NoSQL Database Assignment, TU, Malaysia Overview of the Selected Case Study and Associated Business Requirements
- Mass Transfer Assignment, MUM, Malaysia Sulfur dioxide (SO₂) is a harmful gas primarily emitted from fossil fuel combustion at the TAPCO power plant
- Economics Assignment, UTM, Malaysia Economics is the study of how society manages its scarce resources. Discuss the problem of scarcity in Malaysia
- XBFS4103 Osh Issues In Workplace Assignment, OUM, Malaysia Food safety is something that must not be taken lightly and Productivity can be increased through the production of safe and quality
- CSC584: Enterprise Programming Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia MyBaju Sdn. Bhd. is a Baju Melayu specialist company in Melaka. The company’s custom and tailor-made Baju
- Advance Financial Accounting Home Work, SU, Malaysia Ruby Berhad, a Malaysian company signed a contract on 1 December 2019 to buy machinery from Ecuador payable
- Marketing Innovations Report, APU, Malaysia Coway has been committed to the Malaysian market for over 15 years. According to GfK 2020 brand health survey
- Manufacturing Process Assignment, UTM, Malaysia Compare and contrast the use of welding and mechanical joining processes in the manufacture of a steel table