CHE471: Chemical process principles I Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia There are some electroplating factories around the Klang Valley area, that do not have good facilities for wastewater treatment
|Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
|CHE471: Chemical process principles I
There are some electroplating factories around the Klang Valley area, that do not have good facilities for wastewater treatment. Wastewater from the electroplating process contains cyanide and metallic ions like copper, nickel, chromium, lead, zinc, silver, and others which are discharged directly into drains. Department of Environment (DOE) is the regulatory body for wastewater effluent quality through the Environmental Quality Act 1974 and its regulations such as the Environmental Quality (Sewage) Regulations 2009 and Environmental Quality (Industrial Effluent) Regulations 2009. The quality of surface water is determined by the Water Quality Index and the suitability of surface water for irrigation is based on the designated classifications in the National Water Quality Standards for Malaysia established by DOE.
A silver (Ag) electroplating plant producing a wastewater stream contains 5 wt% Ag which needs to be treated before disposal. The wastewater is fed to a treatment tour where 95% of the fed Ag is recovered, while residual liquid water is sent to a waste pond. The maximum capacity of the treatment tour is 6000 kg wastewater/hr. When the fed wastewater stream is at a rate higher than the capacity of the treatment tour, the excess wastewater bypasses the unit and combines with the residual liquid water from the treatment tour and goes to the waste pond.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Recent Solved Questions
- Data Science Coursework, APU, Malaysia Explain your dataset in detail: source, number and types of attributes
- JGB 22203: Applied Statistics Assignment, UniKL, Malaysia You are required to do a survey regarding the height of students
- XDCS2014: Java Programming Assignment, UOW, Malaysia You are required to create a GUI application that can be used by students to keep track of their GPA / CGPA based on their grades for each module at the end of each semester
- PGBM156: Strategic Management in an International Context Assignment, UOS, Malaysia: Required to briefly explain what this assessment is all about and what you will be addressing in this assessment
- Business Administration Assignment, UOS, Malaysia A critical understanding of operational and marketing theories, concepts and strategies and how these impact value
- Programming Assignment, QUB, Malaysia The Borneo Car Rental Centre owns a collection of microcars, saloons, and multipurpose cars
- MMP706: Project Management Assignment, AeU, Malaysia You are the project manager for your company’s MCP project. You are collaborating with your project team and business
- Environmental Health Ethics Assignment, MU, Malaysia First-world countries like the USA, the United Kingdom, and other European nations have boasted high rates of recycling
- SBSF1103: Thinking Skill Essay, OUM, Malaysia A team of five persons is responsible for negotiating the prices of cables that suppliers provide to your company
- MCE604: Managerial Economics Assignment, AeU, Malaysia Mr. Rahim is planning to pursue MBA studies. Initial inquiry shows that he will have to pay RM 25,000 as a tuition fee