BTW1042: Discuss whether the elements required to form a legally binding contract exist between Ben and Tim: Malaysian business law Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
|University||Monash University Malaysia (MUM)|
|Subject||BTW1042: Malaysian business law|
Tim is a student at the Colours Institute of Arts (CIA) in Petaling Jaya Old town. He is also the chairperson of the CIA Sports Club. CIA recently celebrated the Institution’s 10th year anniversary. To add more excitement to the celebration, Tim decided to organize the ‘Petaling Jaya Volathon’ competition (the competition), using his own expenses. On 10th January 2022, Tim advertised in the local newspapers that he promised to pay a sum of RM10,000 to the person who could volley a ball for the longest duration in the competition. The competition was held at 9 am on 1st February 2022. Three hundred interested participants turned up, and they included residents from Petaling Jaya old town. Ben, a student at the same Institute, was also a participant. He volleyed the ball for the longest duration of one hour and twelve minutes. However, when he approached Tim to claim the winning prize, Tim refused to pay.
Tim argued that his advertisement was just a social activity to promote volleyball among the CIA students and the residents of Petaling Jaya old town. He also argued that Ben needed to inform him (Tim) before participating in the competition. Tim additionally claimed that about fifteen minutes after the ‘Volathon’ session started, he had shouted very loudly outside the competition venue to inform the participants that the competition was canceled. Although a few participants heard Tim’s announcement, the others, including Ben, had not noticed, as they were too engrossed with the game.
Discuss whether the elements required to form a legally binding contract exist
between Ben and Tim.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Acquire the best writing help to complete your BTW1042: Malaysian business law assignment before the deadline. At Assignmenthelper.My, you can get online assignment assistance from skilled writers who can easily customize any assignment in a 100% error-less manner at a low price. Besides, we can also provide online essay writing help.
Recent Solved Questions
- BBUN2103:Evaluate the circumstances that occur prior to the formation of a contract that may impair the validity of the contract: BUSINESS LAW Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- BBCE3013: Analyze and describe clearly the proposed issue or problem using appropriate tools or any relevant materials such as graphs: MALAYSIAN ECONOMY Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- CHE471: The rate of heat loss from a tank to the surrounding by convection and conduction is expressed: Chemical process principles I Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- SMP10803: You are planning to venture into one of the agribusinesses in the area in which you live Discuss 3 (THREE) major external forces that will impact your future business: Principles of Marketing Assignment, UMP, Malaysia
- SBFS1103: THINKING SKILLS AND PROBLEM SOLVING, OUM
- BBEK1103: The purpose of this assignment is to develop learners’ ability to apply the concepts of demand, supply, and elasticity: Principles Of Microeconomics Assignment, OUM
- SBFS1103: Your Father-in-law has Just Passed Away and Your Spouse wants his/her Mother: Thinking Skills and Problem Solving Essay, OUM
- EER1001: What is Total Connected Load (TCL)?: Electrical Services for Facilities Assignment,TP, Malaysia
- MPU3412 COMMUNITY SERVICE Assignment Example – OUM
- OUMH1303: Describe Effective Verbal and Non-Verbal Language in Expressing Formal: English For Oral Communication Assignment, OUM