BTW1042: Malaysian business law Assignment, MUM, Malaysia Discuss whether the elements required to form a legally binding contract exist between Ben and Tim .
|Monash University Malaysia (MUM)
|BTW1042: Malaysian business law
Tim is a student at the Colours Institute of Arts (CIA) in Petaling Jaya Old town. He is also the chairperson of the CIA Sports Club. CIA recently celebrated the Institution’s 10th year anniversary. To add more excitement to the celebration, Tim decided to organize the ‘Petaling Jaya Volathon’ competition (the competition), using his own expenses. On 10th January 2022, Tim advertised in the local newspapers that he promised to pay a sum of RM10,000 to the person who could volley a ball for the longest duration in the competition. The competition was held at 9 am on 1st February 2022. Three hundred interested participants turned up, and they included residents from Petaling Jaya old town. Ben, a student at the same Institute, was also a participant. He volleyed the ball for the longest duration of one hour and twelve minutes. However, when he approached Tim to claim the winning prize, Tim refused to pay.
Tim argued that his advertisement was just a social activity to promote volleyball among the CIA students and the residents of Petaling Jaya old town. He also argued that Ben needed to inform him (Tim) before participating in the competition. Tim additionally claimed that about fifteen minutes after the ‘Volathon’ session started, he had shouted very loudly outside the competition venue to inform the participants that the competition was canceled. Although a few participants heard Tim’s announcement, the others, including Ben, had not noticed, as they were too engrossed with the game.
Discuss whether the elements required to form a legally binding contract exist
between Ben and Tim.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Discover top-notch academic assistance for Malaysian students! Our best assignment helpers are ready to aid Monash University Malaysia (MUM) students with individual and group assignments, including GBA. Need help with BTW1042: Malaysian business law Assignment? Our experts will analyze the contract elements between Ben and Tim. Say goodbye to academic stress – get expert help today!
Recent Solved Questions
- KNS2163: Geotechnical Engineering Assignment, UMS, Malaysia Work to remediate failed slope along Jalan Sebauh, Bintulu is proposed and The affected slope is along a 5 km section of the road
- BUS40804: Entrepreneurship Report, TU, Malaysia The social network of my new venture. One of the personal characteristics that make some people better at recognizing opportunities
- MKT420: Principles and Practice of Marketing Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia Marketing planning is a systematic process involving the assessment of marketing opportunities and resources
- Innovation management and new product development Assignment, APU, Malaysia Discuss the growth strategies in Ansoff s Matrix that can be opted to Influence the growth of the newly developed product
- International Finance Assignment, MU, Malaysia Malaysia is the 19th largest export economy in the world and the 25th most complex economy according
- BBQT1013: Business Mathematics Assignment, CUM, Malaysia: Misuse and abuse of trade discounts infringe on fair trade laws and can cost companies stiff fines and legal fees
- BIT2133: Programming Concepts Course Work, UOC, Malaysia Students MUST keep a copy of all submitted work for reference purposes prior to the original being handed in and returned
- BHO0255: The Psychology of Work and Organisations Assignment, HWU, Malaysia With reference to relevant literature, critically explore and evaluate the notion
- Constitutional and Administrative Law Assignment, UOS, Malaysia The EC … is not fully independent of the Government. Its powers are limited and have not even been exercised as broadly as they might be
- Panel data (longitudinal) is a dataset in which the behaviour of entities is observed across time: Advanced Data Analysis Assignment, TARC, Malaysia