FIN2102: Financial Management Report, IIU, Malaysia You are considering investing in HOG REIT Suppose it is currently undergoing expansion
|University||INTI International University (IIU)|
|Subject||FIN2102: Financial Management|
(a) You are considering investing in HOG REIT. Suppose it is currently undergoing expansion and is expected to remain its cash dividend while expanding for the next 3 years. Its current dividend is RM1.50 per annum. After the expansion is completed, higher earnings are expected to result causing a
30% increase in dividends each year for 4 years. After that, the dividend
growth rate is expected to be 3% per annum forever. Given that T-Bill is yielding 5%, the market return is 10% and the beta of the stock is 1.6
(i) Calculate the required return for HOG REIT’s common stock.
(ii) Based on the required return that you obtained in (i), what is HOG REIT’s n stock worth today?
(iii) If the current price of HOG REIT’s stock is RM30, would you buy the stock?
(b) In December 2021, The AOU reports that there are overruns in the construction costs of two projects ‘The Disaster Management and Crisis Institute (IPKBN) and a Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN) college training center’ which have cost Malaysian taxpayers RM22.8mil, the Auditor-General’s Report 2020 revealed. The third series of the Report drew attention to the RM12.65mil overruns in building the IPKBN complex, which was originally estimated to cost
RM77.59mil. ‘This was due to weak planning by the Public Works Department regarding the design and scope of work, unforeseen events at the construction sites, and problems with increases in the price of building materials,” said the report. In response to this news, the cost of capital is necessary to make a project, such as building a new factory, construction and worthwhile. When analysts and investors discuss the cost of capital, they typically mean the weighted average of a firm’s cost of debt and cost of equity blended together. Explain further.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Elevate Your INTI University Experience Online Assignment Assistance for FIN2102 Navigate the intricacies of financial management at INTI International University with ease. Unleash the power of Assignment Helper MY's online resources. From comprehensive insights to personalized assistance, embark on a journey towards excelling in your FIN2102 reports. Besides, this you also avail our skilled writers for top MBA Assignment Help.
Recent Solved Questions
- BQS560: Project Management I Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia Understanding and synthesizing information gained from the main source of reference. Critically appraise the information
- ECO211: Macroeconomics Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia How will the following situations affect the investment demand curve? Draw a diagram for each to illustrate
- BNBS 6114: Communication and Counselling Essay, LUC, Malaysia Communication is vital in improving health outcomes. Due to the new challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Project Management Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia You are the project manager for your company’s MCP project. You are collaborating with your project team
- Introduction to Cyber Security for Non- Computing Science Case Study, UiTM, Malaysia Your organization is planning to adopt BYOD which allows the employee to bring their own devices to accomplish
- CDCT2203: Information Technology and Environment Assignment, OUM, Malaysia Describe the environmental factors that influence a business organization in Malaysia
- Researcher Competence Report, UMS, Malaysia How can quantitative research methods be used to evaluate the effectiveness of teacher training programs
- Business Statics Assignment, SU, Malaysia In 2004, ratings are compiled concerning the performance of new cars during the first 100 days of use
- ELC501: English for Critical Academic Reading Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia Malaysian car buyers have come a long way in the past ten years or so. From only caring about looks, performance
- ECO162: Microeconomics Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia Explain briefly the type of business, the background of the company, and the type of product produced