FIN2102 Financial Management Report, IIU, Malaysia You are considering investing in HOG REIT Suppose it is currently undergoing expansion
|University||INTI International University (IIU)|
|Subject||FIN2102: Financial Management|
(a) You are considering investing in HOG REIT. Suppose it is currently undergoing expansion and is expected to remain its cash dividend while expanding for the next 3 years. Its current dividend is RM1.50 per annum.
After the expansion is completed, higher earnings are expected to result causing a 30% increase in dividends each year for 4 years. After that, the dividend growth rate is expected to be 3% per annum forever. Given that T-Bill is yielding 5%, the market return is 10% and the beta of the stock is 1.6
(i) Calculate the required return for HOG REIT’s common stock.
(ii) Based on the required return that you obtained in (i), what is HOG REIT’s n stock worth today?
(iii) If the current price of HOG REIT’s stock is RM30, would you buy the stock?
(b) In December 2021, The AOU reports that there are overruns in the construction costs of two projects ‘The Disaster Management and Crisis Institute (IPKBN) and a Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN) college training center’ which have cost Malaysian taxpayers RM22.8mil, the Auditor-General’s Report 2020 revealed.
The third series of the Report drew attention to the RM12.65mil overruns in building the IPKBN complex, which was originally estimated to cost RM77.59mil. ‘This was due to weak planning by the Public Works Department regarding the design and scope of work, unforeseen events at the construction sites, and problems with increases in the price of building materials,” said the report.
In response to this news, the cost of capital is necessary to make a project, such as building a new factory, construction and worthwhile. When analysts and investors discuss the cost of capital, they typically mean the weighted average of a firm’s cost of debt and cost of equity blended together. Explain further.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Hire our proficient writers to get the best finance assignment help. We have a team of skilled writers who can assist you and write your FIN2102: Financial Management assignment in a 100% error-less manner at a low price. Besides this, we also provide online assignment help.
Recent Solved Questions
- JFP463E: Finance Assignment, USM, Malaysia Conduct interviews with 5 investors/respondents to explore and understand their investment behavior
- Algorithm and Data Structure Assignment, MUM, Malaysia Write a menu-based program to create a list of records (at least 3 data) using the queue concept
- CCP406: Rapid Application Development Assignment, HWU, Malaysia To develop a website using Rapid Application Development methodologies, tools, and technologies
- Law Equity & Trust Assignment, IIUM, Malaysia Leo Pedersen and Calvin Pedersen are brothers. In 2010, Leo left his job to set up Viking Oak Software Ltd
- BKAN1013 Basic Accounting Assignment, UUM, Malaysia Gurkha Consultancy Sdn Bhd is a company that provides consultation to entrepreneurs
- PGBM156: Strategic Management in an International Context Report, UOS, Malaysia Demonstrate critical understanding and application of relevant strategic management and leadership principles
- MBM3793: Information Marketing Assignment, UoTS, Malaysia Based on your understanding, by using your own words, define the information products. Do information products consider educational alternatives:
- Introduction to Networking Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia SudaJayaTech is a premier enterprise software company offering multiple products at scale both in the enterprise arena
- Personal Finance and Insurance Assignment, APU, Malaysia Anthony and Hannah are a young married couple who got married nine years ago. Both of them are 32 years old and have three children
- KNC6013: Sustainable Project Management Assignment, USM, Malaysia Sustainable Development Decision Making for sustainable project management can be a very arduous task