AFT1033: Principle of Economics Case Study, UOM, Malaysia Tourism and Culture Minister Nazri Aziz says the proposed capping of seasonal increases of airfares will be good
|University||University of Malaya (UOM)|
|Subject||AFT1033: Principle of Economics|
Tourism and Culture Minister Nazri Aziz says the proposed capping of seasonal increases of airfares will be good for tourism but adds there should also be a limit on how low the fares should be. “If you put a cap on how high prices can go, then it’s good for tourism. But the floor price should be capped too,” he told a press conference today in commenting on a Malay Mail report that the Malaysian Aviation Commission was considering allowing airlines to increase domestic flight airfares by only 2.5 times the average fares during peak seasons.
Nazri said some airlines offered airfares that were too low, to the point they affected other airlines. “Sure, cheaper flights are good for competition and tourism, but the prices can’t be ridiculously low. “In business, new players may try to get ahead of the competition by dropping their prices, and once their competition is out of business, they then raise their prices.”
Previously, Deputy Transport Minister Ab Aziz Kaprawi said the Malaysian Aviation Commission would be tasked with drafting proposals by June for airfares during festive seasons, but former Malaysia Airlines CEO, Abdul Aziz Rahman cautioned against this, saying the rates were best decided by the market.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Assignmenthelper.my is the perfect online platform for essay help services. If you are a student feeling overwhelmed by academic essay writing, this is just the place for you. Get custom essay help from experienced assignment writers and see your grades soar!
Recent Solved Questions
- Information Technology Assignment, APU, Malaysia List and explain the IT hardware requirements needed in each branch to allow communication between each office
- BMG306/03 Introduction to International Business Case Study WOU Malaysia In April 1992, EuroDisney first opened in Paris, France It later changed its name to Disneyland Paris
- ACC116: Introduction To Cost Accounting Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia Identify the cost driver for each of the activity cost pools below Machine cost and Purchase cost
- CSC8016: Advanced Programming Coursework, NU, Malaysia We want to implement a virtual shopping system, whether the threads are either clients using the web app
- Digital Copyright Law Essay, UM, Malaysia Tonton video bertajuk ‘Girl Raised by a Robot to Escape But Soon Finds the Truth About the Outside World’ oleh
- BBRC4103: Research Methodology Research Paper, OUM, Malaysia The first stage of research is to identify problems or issues in business and management and to justify the need for research
- Socio-Emotional Development of Children Case Study, UPM, Malaysia Jayden, born on May 2021, is a 3-year-old Boy, the only child in the family, having difficulties with social skills and sharing
- CHE433 Thermodynamics Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia Velocity is an intensive property of a system and One kilogram of water at a temperature of 225°C and 500 kPa has a volume of 0.078405 m3
- Computer Science Assignment, UON, Malaysia A floating bottle has two ways to go: either it goes to someone else or it comes back to you. The floating bottle
- MGT340: Human Resource Management Dissertation, UUM, Malaysia Human resources have played an important role in the success of the company. The quality of the human resource