Finite Element Analysis Assignment, CU, Malaysia Describe how the boundary conditions are applied and how the component is loaded
|Curtin University (CU)
|Finite Element Analysis
Finite Element Analysis Assignment 2
Describe how the geometry was created. Present the geometry of your part, including dimensions.
Describe how the geometry meshed. You may include figures. The figures should be approximately 8 cm wide. The caption for a figure should be placed below the figure.
BOUNDARY CONDITIONS AND LOADING
Describe how the boundary conditions are applied and how the component is loaded.
In this assignment, you will use Ansys Workbench to model a thin rectangular steel plate with a centre hole. Both tension and bending loading conditions will be modelled, as shown in Figure 1.
The length and width of the plate are l and b, respectively, and the diameter of the hole is d. The area of the rectangular plate with a centre hole is the number formed by the first five digits of your student ID in mm2
. For example, if you student ID is 24317985, the area will be 24317
mm2 . The length, l, should be approximately twice the width, b. In addition, the ratio d/b should be between 0.1 and 0.3. You should create your plate as a 2D surface. Zero marks will be awarded to 3D solid models. You may take a reasonable number for thickness.
In addition, you should apply techniques that you have learned in Practical Considerations to simply your models.
For both tension and bending loadings, select a suitable analysis to obtain the stress distribution, which can be represented by a contour plot. In addition, find the maximum stress and location.
For both loading conditions, you will need to perform a convergence test. Finding the stress concentration factor is optional.
For both tension and bending, add geometric features (e.g., auxiliary holes) to reduce stress concentration. Present a comparison between the improved and original designs.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Struggling with Finite Element Analysis assignments at Curtin University (CU)? Assignment Helper MY offers bespoke Online Assignment Assistance tailored to meet your needs. Our dedicated team of tutors will help you grasp intricate engineering principles and excel in your coursework. Trust our expertise to deliver high-quality solutions promptly. Besides, this you also hire our skilled writers for Programming Assignment Help.
Recent Solved Questions
- TCP1201: Objected-Oriented Programming and Data Structures Assignment, MMU, Malaysia Your updated version of the COVID-19 vaccination system now consists of 4 separate JavaFX programs
- XBMB3104: MICROBIOLOGY Assignment, OUM, Malaysia you are appointed to give a briefing on the tiers of recommended precautions to prevent the spread of infections in healthcare settings
- BTW1042: Malaysian business law Assignment, MUM, Malaysia Discuss whether the elements required to form a legally binding contract exist between Ben and Tim .
- Delivering Values for Customers Assignment, TU, Malaysia To create the most suitable STP and marketing mix strategies, the sales representatives of Mercedes Benz
- Research and Project Management Report, OUM, Malaysia Rajah 1 menunjukkan lukisan isometri bagi satu bongkah. Lukiskan secara manual saiz penuh bagi bongkah
- Psychological Test and Measurements Assignment, OUM, Malaysia Students are required to evaluate the psychological tests and reflect on the usability of the test in the Malaysian context
- Big Data and Ethics Essay, APU, Malaysia The U.S. firm Apple operates a digital ecosystem with its own hardware and software. Part of this ecosystem is an app store
- MGT7101: MANAGING OPERATIONS OF BUSINESS Assignment, UPM, Malaysia Examine the issues and trends in operations management and how that in turn affects an organisations SIPOC
- BTX5220: International Issues in Employment Law Coursework, MUM, Malaysia If individuals were employed solely on their ability to do the job, there would be no need for any anti-discrimination statutes
- BNRS 6214: Introduction to Research Methodology $ Statistic for Nurses Assignment, LUC, Malaysia The student is required to write a quantitative research proposal about any topic of interest