European Union Law Coursework, UOW, Malaysia On 9th November 2022, a newly established Spanish company called ‘’The Lovely Liquor Company’’ was transporting 500 bottles
|University||UOW Malaysia KDU University College (UOW)|
|Subject||European Union Law|
On 9th November 2022, a newly established Spanish company called ‘’The Lovely Liquor Company’’ was transporting 500 bottles of its best-selling product, ‘’Susan’s Super Sherry’’, from Spain to Germany via France. Susan’s Super Sherry is a budget Sherry that contains an alcohol content of 25 percent. Susan’s Super Sherry is marketed and sold in Spain, Italy, and Hungary, and the Lovely Liquor Company is keen to enter the German market.
After weeks of civil unrest, a series of planned demonstrations took place across France on 11th November 2022 to raise awareness about ‘systemic racism’, alleged police brutality towards minorities, and the removal of statues of colonial figures. One such demonstration was taking place in the region of Burgundy. Permission had been granted by the French authorities to the demonstrators to congregate in Burgundy for a period of 8 hours.
After 3 hours, however, the protest spilled out onto the A36 motorway toll point. To ensure the continuation and safety of the protesters, as well as road users, the French authorities closed the A36 motorway for 5 hours. As a result of the closure, The Lovely Liquor Company was unable to reach Germany at the scheduled time for its delivery of Susan’s Super Sherry.
- What is the purpose of Articles 34-36 TFEU? What are the concepts of quantitative restrictions; measures having an equivalent effect to quantitative restrictions; what are the Treaty derogations and where are these found?; What are mandatory requirements?
- Would the closure of the A36 Motorway by French authorities constitute a quantitative restriction or a measure having an equivalent effect on a quantitative restriction? What are distinctly and indistinctly applicable measures? In the instant case, was the closure of the A36 Motorway by French authorities discriminatory (distinctly) or non-discriminatory (indistinctly applicable)? Does this make a difference in terms of the justification for the restriction? If so, why?
- Whilst Article 34 TFEU prohibits Member States from imposing rules which may restrict the free movement of goods, are Member States in breach of Article 34 TFEU when they fail to take positive steps to ensure the free movement of goods? Clarify with reference to Case 265/95 Commission v France and Case C-112/00 Schmidberger v Austria.
- The French government claims that the closure of the A36 Motorway is justified on grounds of protecting fundamental rights. How are fundamental rights protected as part of the general principles of EU law and the EU Charter of Fundamental rights? In addition, what are the ‘sources of inspiration’ for fundamental rights; and what is the ‘field of application’ of EU fundamental rights? Refer to the relevant case law.
- Would the restriction of Article 34 TFEU by the French authorities, in this case, be justified, namely, whether the restriction pursues a legitimate aim and whether it has been exercised in a proportionate way? In other words, was the failure to ban i.e., the decision to allow, the protest in Burgandy compatible with the free movement of goods?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Assignmenthelper.my is an online exam assistance platform that provides students with comprehensive exam guidance and support. Our teams of experienced exam advisors will provide unparalleled one-on-one exam support, available around the clock so that you can feel confident and prepared when heading into the exam hall. With our assignment help services, you can be sure that your learning will stay on track, no matter what.
Recent Solved Questions
- Renewable Energy Assignment, UKM, Malaysia Planning an energy supply system i.e. hot water & PV, space heating, or cooling on the council house
- Critical Academic Reading Course Work, UiTM, Malaysia “The Advantages of Fast Fashion for Consumers” The issue discussed by the author demonstrates how the popularity
- BAGB1013: Principles of Management Assignment, UIU, Malaysia Explain the concept of management and describe FOUR (4) function approach in management
- Business Administration Report, UTN, Malaysia Provide a brief discussion on the importance of the external environment and internal analysis of the organizations
- KNC6083: Risk and Hazard Management in Energy Sector Assignment, UU, Malaysia Identify and explain the safety laws including the sub-parts of regulations
- Safety, Health and Welfare Assignment, AMU, Malaysia What are the lessons we have learned in the past from handling Covid 19 Pandemic to prepare for any anticipated new outbreak
- Programming and Data Structures Assignment, APU, Malaysia I need to create an OO program to implement the following Data Structure language for Double Linked List using C++
- International Business Assignment, UON, Malaysia The COVID-19 Pandemic has impacted International Business in a big way. Please discuss the main features of this
- MEC4401: Mechanical Engineering Thesis, MUM, Malaysia To evaluate the clay type and study the rheology behavior of different water content in the clay
- ELC101: Introduction to Instrumentation Course Work, DTCC, Malaysia Our law of contract is widely seen as deficient in the sense that it is perceived to be hampered by the presence